Hi, I hope everybody’s going great. Part 2 of the USA road-trip is approaching quickly. More than 6,000 miles and 24 states await

Work from the road will include video clips, photos, writing and artwork: the main focus is the film / documentary, asking people: “What’s your philosophy in life?”

This time I’ll be accompanied by a friend and colleague and we’ll be going through the states yet unseen, down the East Coast from New York to Florida, then all the way Northwest to Washington state, and then south again to California. At least that’s the ‘plan’…

So I’d like you to meet and welcome Cedric: he’s a talented writer and creative soul and will bring energy, and perhaps at times a hint of snarkiness, to the project.

We’ve been toying with different ideas about new formats for the upcoming road-trip, and we’d like to hear your feedback!

The basic structure, providing a video clip, a set of photos and diary notes for each chapter will probably remain. In addition to that, we’re thinking of a video diary: short clips with more personal / entertaining features pertaining or not to the making of the documentary.

Also thinking of a ‘column’ or some kind of combined writing format where both of us would share viewpoints on the adventures, and perhaps play upon each other’s opinions (hopefully Cedric’s vibrant style will contrast with my anti-apoplectic formality which can at times dull diamonds).

And we’re hoping this ‘column’ can eventually be interactive; our musings could be based upon your contributions and thoughts.

Some of these formats might be published on new Topic Pages instead of postings: don’t want to spam email subscribers.

We’ll also be posting at least one daily thought / photo exclusively on Facebook and Twitter, just to spice things up.

Thanks for taking a look at the poll and commenting about anything you would like to see (or not see…)

So look forward to some continuously updated multimedia content in the next month, during which we’ll also be seeking support on Kickstarter to help make the movie come true.

Support from the Kickstarter campaign will be used in order to cover professional editing, soundtrack and post-production costs, not the actual road-trip(s) which we’re paying out of our own pocket.

You could really help by taking a look and sharing it. And if you’ve liked some of the pictures or artwork, prints will be available for supporters, including previous works (this is a one time-thing for this Kickstarter project), as well as come cool personalized items, and of course the DVD / movie release.

Thanks again to everybody, it’s really been great to hear your feedback and meet people, and I hope this is just the beginning.

Welcome, or welcome back, to ooamerica!

Share the road!

PS: It appears some readers are experiencing ads on the site – just want to clarify this has nothing to do with me, I’ll look into what can be done to resolve this and sorry for any inconvenience.

Tagged with →

39 Responses to USA road-trip part 2: what would you like to see? polls are open

1. AJ says:

Hi there, It looks like your route is going to take you through Iowa and northern Illinois on your way to (or from?) Chicago. You are probably planning to drive through the night and miss the flat, boring farm fields. I would encourage you to shift your route just an hour or two north, and see all that Wisconsin has to offer. Most people have only heard of Wisconsin in the context of cheese or football – but, while it has world-class examples of both, it is full of so much more! Whether you’re looking for art, history, nature, excellent food and beverage, friendly people, or entertainment, Wisconsin will blow your mind. I’m happy to give you more concrete suggestions, or maybe even show you around!

• ooa revo says:

Hi AJ, thanks for sharing your insights. Wisconsin is, unfortunately, one of the few states which I haven’t had the opportunity to visit yet, and don’t know if I’ll get a chance to do so during part 2. An ‘omission’ which bothers me because I’m sure there is, as you say, “so much more”. Hope to fix this at some point, and perhaps you can help out then :) ? Thanks again!

2. jd785 says:

Looking forward to your continuing adventures. Glad to hear you are venturing to sunny Florida—be sure to check out the northern part, not quite as touristy and more southern. Ok , I am slightly biased but then again, it is what it is :)

3. [...] USA road-trip part 2: what would you like to see? polls are open [...]

4. Ben Leib says:

Sounds like an amazing adventure. Trans-continental US road trips will never get old. I could easily just drive back and forth across this country until I got too old to drive.

5. Kristin says:

Quite the undertaking! Good luck, stick to quality basics and get the best out each part of your vision. As a non-American I would be interested in snippets of local history as you move through the individual states. Not necessarily standard received, can be something quite different.

• ooa revo says:

Hi Kristin, thanks for your support. Will keep in mind your suggestion about snippets of local history (this is something I’m looking at for the photo project more particularly, but will try to surface some stories on the blog). Thanks!

6. make your trip awesome with a complete photo journal… snap a picture – short reference for blog and sharing…then journal the entire thing as you get the chance. lol Wonderful Adventure and opportunity you are taking.

• ooa revo says:

Thanks for the feedback and ideas – will be accompanied this time and am looking forward to share some ‘richer’ multimedia content.

• Fabulous, Cant Wait to follow your adventure. The bite size media on your front enables me to share with the rest of my would be chair adventure lovers!!! and on pinterest.. so PICs Galore! and Have a Great Time

7. Reblogged this on Technospunky blah blah blogging on wordpress and commented:
    And they are Offffffff ….and out of the gate comes running rover…followed hot by niftie nellie…. who will take the lead…

8. C says:

I love this blog! Would love to see more photos of the people behind ooamerica in the places they are travelling. I would also love to see something in Louisiana.. always wanted to go but haven’t managed to photograph that state yet.

xx